Monday, September 5, 2011

{Labor Day Fun}

It has been a lovely Labor Day!  Actually, I haven't felt very great this weekend, but today still turned out pretty good. 


This morning, I painted a chair pink.  I am SO excited to use it to do some darling photos of some sweet little girls!


The kids played in the pool for a while.  I am so excited for fall, but sad to see summer go away.


This is Lily Ps 'this water is freakin' cold' face.  :)  She doesn't care though.  Seriously, sometimes her lips are blue because the water is so cold and she doesn't mind one little bit.  Such a little fishie!


Adrian made shishkabobs for dinner and they were DELICIOUS!  I love anything with peppers and onions!


For dessert, I made the yummiest cupcakes EVER!  I wanted to eat them all!
Here is the recipie for these tasty little treats:

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon-Cream Cheese Frosting

1 pkg. spice cake mix
1 cup sour cream
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1/4 cup oil
3 eggs
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. (16 oz) powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 350*
Beat first 5 ingredients with mixer until well blended; spoon into 24 paper lined muffin cups
Bake 20-22 min. or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool.
Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
Gradually beat in sugar.  Blead in cinnamon.  Spread over cupcakes.


5 comments:

kinze said...

oh my goodness .. you lil' gal in her suit ... i can't get over it ... lovin' those legs! what cuties your have!

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I love that face of your little cutie. Thanks for the recipe. Those cupcakes look super delicious!

Lindsay said...

Im going to have to try that recipe. PUMPKIN is my weakness. :) ADORABLE pictures!

Anonymous said...

Cupcakes look FABULOUS!!! I knew they were pumpkin just by looking at them. I just had a feeling. :0) I LOVE PUMPKIN! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Lilly P's freakin cold face is freakin cute! hehe

LOVE the pink chair. I need one of those!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

her expression is too cute!!