Monday, November 7, 2011

{Good Things}

This last weekend was a tough one.  Ethan had strep throat and with him being diabetic, it is awful!  The weather was SO cold and ugly, and I really dislike daylight savings.  I swear it messes us up everytime!
Well, this morning, I was determined to have a better week. It has been a great day so far. 
Ethan is feeling better.
Had lunch with my sweet husband.


At lunch, my little cute Derek told us that God is in his brain and his heart and he makes him want to be good and do nice things. ha!  It was so random and sweet.  Derek is my hardest child, so anything that will help him to be nice is awesome!!!  :)


Little Lily Pearls piggy toes.  I looked at them this morning in her little jeans and I just want to nibble them.  They make me SO happy!


This month is Diabetes Awareness month.  As some of you know, my Ethan has Type one or Juvenile diabetes.  He was diagnosed when he was ten. You can read more about his diagnoses here.
  Insulin is his life support now and that sucks!  But, I am SO thankful for JDRF- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.  They raise money and do so many great things to hopefully one day (soon) find a cure for this terrible disease.
For the month of November, I will be donating $2 from each purchase in my Pearlie Girl shop to JDRF.
Also, if you 'like' Pearlie Girl on Facebook, I will send you a code for 20% off your purchase!
So, go check out all of the lovely hair decor!  :)
















Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new button.. Lily P is absolutely a complete DOLL! :0)

Go Derek! What a sweet thing for him to have said! God is definitely working in that young one.

I didn't know Ethan was diabetic. I know little to nothing about diabetes except that it runs in my family...so I guess that's a hint that I need to make myself a bit more aware.

Anonymous said...

I got a special delivery today!! Thank you SO much! You are beyond sweet, generous, and talented. Love to you and your family!! XXOO