Sunday, September 11, 2011

{I ♥ America & My Grandpa Walt}




I was in my bed snuggling with my Ethan, who was 3, when my phone rang.  It was my sister, Jamie.  She was freaking out telling me that someone had crashed a plane into the World Trade Center.  I turned on my TV just in time to see the second plane hit.  I remember the feeling I got, that I can't even describe.  It was horrific.
I am so proud to be an American.  I am SO thankful for those who risk their life everyday for my freedom.
♥GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!♥


September 11th is also the birthday of one of the greatest men I will ever know, my Grandpa Walt.  He turns 97 years old today.
We celebrated at a really yummy restraunt yesterday.
We LOVE you Grandpa!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all have memories from that dark day... How lovely that your grandpa was born on that day and you can celebrate that God gives us wonderful things, even amidst tragedy!!! Love ya Jen!