Friday, July 22, 2011

{ 3 Little Boys}

Oh, how these three little boys wear me out!   
Someone once told me that having three boys right in a row is extremely tough.  They weren't lying!  :) 

Blake is 7, Derek is almost 5, and Jett is 3.  They are either constantly fighting or the best of friends, and when they are the best of friends, it is not always a good thing.  When they are getting along, they are usually being sneaky and gettting into some sort of trouble or making some kind of  mess.  For a while, it was just Blake and Derek, but lately they have been recruiting Jett.


I have to be honest, most days I feel like I am being pecked to death by a giant emu or other large bird.  I feel like just going into my bedroom and praying the day away just to survive.  Patience has always been something I have wanted to have more of.  I know that part of  Gods plan for me was to have so many children so that I could learn more patience.
So many nights, I lay in bed feeling guilty because I yelled too much that day or that I didn't make the right parenting decision.  Some days I definitely feel like a big failure in the parenting department. 
I think we all feel this way sometimes as mothers.  I have decided lately to be easier on myself and just love the heck out of them and do the best I can. 

 "May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience." (Colossians 1:11)




4 comments:

Vivian said...

Just what I needed to read today. Sometimes I feel so alone in this motherhood department and the guilt consumes me. All I've got left is realizing that I'm doing the best I can. Thank you for sharing. Those boys are SUPER CUTE!

hill said...

that is such a great verse. thank you for posting so honestly and for linking up.
xoxo.

Frank and Natalie said...

Just came across your blog. You have beautiful children!

Anonymous said...

We definitely all feel that same way, as mothers! I can personally attest that I feel like a terrible excuse for a mother at least once a day. Keep running the race, mama. God will see us through. :0)