Friday, July 27, 2007

Hairspray and One sick little Baby

My sweet little Derek has been so sick, so I have been slacking with the blogging. On Wednesday night, I went in to his room to check on him and he felt like he was burning up. I picked him up and took him downstairs to give him some Motrin, because I knew he had a fever. I put him back in his crib and took his temperature and it was 103.2. It was 11:45 p.m., but I immediately called the doctor and they told me to definitely bring him in. Adrian stayed with the kids and I ran Derek to the doctors. By the time we got there, his temp had gone down to 102.7. They swabbed his throat to run a strep test first. It was negative(thank goodness). They checked his ears and they were fine. Then the doctor looked in his throat and said that he had viral pharyinitis, which is the medical term for a sore throat. So the doctor finally said that he just has a virus and that it should be better by Sunday. Derek was so brave at the doctors, he didn't make a sound. Bless his sweet little heart.
On Tuesday, I did get to see Hairspray with my mom and our friend Katherine. It was so much fun! It was a little bit different than the original, but I really liked this one too! The music was great, my mom and I just got the Soundtrack. John Travolta was hilarious! It was a really fun time!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

We say our prayers that he gets better soon! Poor little one!
Love,Jamie