Thursday, June 28, 2012

{Little Bijou}

I haven't blogged in forever!!! So much has happened in the last couple of months.
June 16th, we adopted a little rescue puppy.  'As Good As It Gets' is one of my favorite movies and I have always wanted a dog like the one in the move, a Brussels Griffon.  I love the strange little mushed face with the underbite. :)
Adrian and I were looking at homeless friends online a couple of days before Fathers Day and I joked that he was getting a dog for his Fathers Day gift.  He saw this sweet little munchkin face and wanted to go get her.  Her name at the rescue was actually Lilly, but we knew we had to change it. Having two Lilys would be a little confusing!  We filled out the adoption application and were accepted to be her family. 
We found out that she is a puppy, she was  born December 12, 2011, and she was rescued a day before she was to be euthanized from a puppy mill in the midwest.
Adrian named her Bijou, which is french and pronounced bee - ju.  It means a jewel, something small and delicate and exquisitely made.


The day we brought her home.  We were so worried she would be scared and possibly agressive but she walked into the house like she owned the place and loved the kids and Sweet Lou and Durban. 


Meeting Sweet Lou.  Lou was TERRIFIED of her at first, but she got used to her being around.  Now she just kind of ignores her. :)  Durban and Bijou have become best friends!  He is such a puppy at heart and they love to run around and play.  


Bijous new collar and tag that matched Sweet Lous.


Ky and Derek with Bijou the day we got her.  Derek loves animals so much and won't stop kissing them.  I love that he is so tenderhearted and kind to animals.


Bijou and her most favorite person ever!  She adores Ethan and sleeps with him every night.  


We love you so much Bijou and we are so thankful that you are part of our family!!!!

1 comment:

Munchy's Mama said...

Awwww, she is SO cute!!