This last week was the craps deluxe! The weather was yucky and depressing all week long. :(
On Wednesday, I had to take Derek and Lily in to get their eyes checked at the eye doctor. I have never had to take any of my kids to the eye doctor because they have all had good eye sight and no problems. At Dereks Kindergarten check-up, the nurse thought that maybe he was having trouble seeing out of one of his eyes after he read the chart. So, the pediatrician wanted me to go in to get his eyes checked to make sure nothing was wrong. I decided to take Lily P in to get hers checked because her right eye had occasionally been lazy since she was born. It is wierd though, because it is only lazy when she is trying to focus on things far away.
Well, Dereks exam went great. His eyes are perfect. :) But, after doing an exam on Punk, he said he was concerned and wanted to dilate her eyes and get a really good look behind her eyes to make sure there was nothing there like a tumor or something putting pressure on it. I was ready to lose it when he said that! They had to put drops in her eyes that stung to dilate them. Because she has brown eyes, it took 40 minutes for them to fully dilate. All this time I was trying to keep Jett and Derek happy and busy. They were really good, thank goodness! Finally, he did the exam and didn't see anything strange behind her eye or anything. I was so relieved. But, they want to check her in 4 months again to make sure everything is still okay.
Little miss Punk P in her special glasses she had to wear after her exam. She loved wearing them! :)
On Thursday night, Lily P woke up at 11pm and was making awful sounds and struggling to breathe. We ran into her room and grabbed her out of her crib. She was so pale and around her lips it was a little blue. Her eyes were glazed over and she looked really scared. She wasn't breathing good at all and I was freaking out. I haven't been that scared since she had RSV at 7 weeks old. I threw on my hoodie and jeans and we left for the Drs. It was pretty much a blizzard outside, so that was really fun driving and trying to get there quickly. The nurse took her back immediately and the dr said that he thought maybe she had croup and that her airway was so swelled up that she wasn't getting very much oxygen. They gave her a shot of steroids and we waited for it to take down the swelling. We kept her up for a little bit when we got home to make sure she could breathe better. She slept good that night, but I was so not prepared for the orneryness of the next day. Oh, it was SO SO bad! The steroids made little Punk absolutely nutso! She cried in my arms and was completely irrational all day Friday. Saturday was a little better and today she is almost back to normal. I never want to have to have any of my children need steroids again. I am thankful that it helped her breathe, but it was so rough!!!
On top of all the Lily drama, Derek and Jett decided to be super naughty. I have to say that it was probably all my fault because I was so wrapped up in trying to survive and keep Lily sane that they were ignored alot. Jett dumped nail polish on Lily & Kys carpet. New, expensive carpet. Hot pink nail polish!
It was such a crappy week, but my sweet husband made it so much better by suprising me with beautiful flowers and a nice note. Love him!
Hopefully, this week will be lots better. :)




1 comment:
OMG! You're right--what a crappy week. Poooor mama!! I'm so sorry!! Glad to hear that things sound like they're settling down. Whew!
And Lily P totally rocks those shades! ;-)
Post a Comment