Today has been a really rough day! My kids were wild all morning and everyone was sad that Aunt Mandy had to leave. I carried a screaming Jett and Lily P into Walmart because I was out of Tide and the laundry has gotten out of control. Seriously, it has been crappy!
I tend to be pretty negative about a lot of things. I get so overwhelmed and I tend to think the worst. Like today, I had a horrible attitude about how things were going down at home. I realized that I made a choice to handle things the way I did and it sucked.
"The tongue has the power of life and death" (Proverbs 18:21
I found this scripture and it is SO true. The yelling at my kids and complaining today made everything so much worse. My kids completely feed off of my emotions and my mood. My making a choice to be a crabby mess led to my kids being upset and to our house not being a happy one this morning.
After a mom time-out and reading some scriptures about encouragement, I feel SO much better.
"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification" (Romans 14:19)


6 comments:
yep...that was me today as well...but im gonna try to turn it around!!!!
xoxo
sorry it was a hard day but glad you turned to scripture! always helps. His mercies are new in the morning! Thanks for linking up, hope to see you next week!
All of us mommies have those days! I hate it when I get out of control and yell at my kiddos. Scripture definitely gets me back on track, too!
I totally relate to this post. I feel like you were describing me. I am really trying to be less negative around here. I think it is rubbing off on my kids too much. Yikes!
Love that scripture :) boo on laundry my least favorite chore
I can definitely identify with you about attitude! This is a wonderfully encouraging (and challenging!) post about being wise with my words.
Post a Comment