Tuesday, August 23, 2011

{And Then There Were Three...}

Three little wild crazy people.  These three are SO close in age and are making me absolutely CRAZY!!!
I thought it would be so much easier when my three other kids started school - not the case. 


Derek and Jett will be going to preschool in two weeks and I am so ready.  They are so bored half the time.  I try to be structured with them but it is so very hard with a little Lily P permanently glued to my hip.  :)


I do LOVE watching these little ones play together.  It does not happen often that they play nicely and get along.  Lily P is just as wild and nutso as her big brothers.  It is so funny to watch her chasing them and yelling.


Yesterday and today have been rough days for me as a mom.  I have felt like I am in survival mode and I HATE survival mode.  I know once we adjust to the new 'going to school' schedule it will be much easier
. 
I LOVE LOVE this quote and wanted to share it today...

The mother, more than any other, affects the moral and spiritual part of the children's character. She is their constant companion and teacher in formative years. The child is ever imitating and assimilating the mother's nature. It is only in after life that men gaze backward and behold how a mother's hand and heart of love molded their young lives and shaped their destiny. -E.W. Caswell





3 comments:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

I love that quote too. I don't like those survival mode days either. The beginning of the school year is always tough for me. We are not morning people and I feel so stressed about rushing out the door. We start next week, so I'm trying to prepare myself. I hope your routine becomes smooth soon. : )

Anonymous said...

Uggggghhhhh..survival mode. I know that feeling! I'm right there with ya! Sometimes it's all I can do to just "get through" the day.

Love the light sabers... Our kiddos have those too, and my daughter calls them "life savers." lol

Jami said...

I hate survival mode too! I feel that way some days and I only have 2 at home. I just bought some pre-school stuff to do with my 3 year old at home, maybe that will help! Wish me luck!