Wednesday, February 17, 2010
{Proud To Be An American}
Adrian is finally a U.S. citizen! He took the oath on February 3rd. My mom and I took Ethan, Blake, Kylie, and of course Lily with us to see the ceremony. There were people from 60 different countries getting their citizenship. It was really neat to watch the ceremony and to hear some of the new citizens tell how it feels to be an American. We had a little party for Adrian to celebrate. It was so funny, we blasted patriotic music and had the kids wave flags when he came in the door. Seriously, we are dorks!!! :) The best part was the delicious mexican food. Yes, we had mexican food at a party for my South African husband becoming an American. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yay, for both of you! We really do live in a great country, inspite of all the coruption going on in Washington.
I will miss having a foreign bro-in-law! Is that pose an African thing?
Congrats Adrian! I guess it's okay you had mexican food for your south african born husband, because America is the great melting pot! I can't think of anything more appropriate!
Congratulations you guys! I know that has been a long journey. Well done!
Post a Comment