Thursday, June 28, 2007

Derek's Favorite New Thing



My little, sweet Derek has an obsession with paper. He can spot anything made of paper from across the room and once he has it in his view, he makes a mad dash to get it in his little hands. He really doesn't like eating it, although, I have found the occasional wad of paper in his mouth. He just likes to rip it to little pieces, and sometimes carry a little piece of it tucked in his hand. I keep all of my new magazines and catalogs in a basket on the floor, so many of my magazines that I haven't been able to read yet are completely mutilated. It is so funny, if Derek was crawling somewhere and I said his name, he would stop what he was doing. Now, if there is paper involved and I call his name, he doesn't even turn to look at me, he just hauls butt as fast as he can, so that he can get there faster than I can get him. He is one smart Mr. Boobers!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

He is just too clever! Jen-he looks a lot like you in these photos!
Love,Jamie